fredag 29. oktober 2010

New York City - my diary part 3












Day 3


This is my third and incredible day in the spectacular New York City! I have already been to aunt Sarah’s apartment in Brooklyn, and shall I tell you something amazing? She can see and enjoy the Brooklyn Bridge from her window!


We went together and saw the Empire State Building. It is 381 meters tall, and the name comes from the nickname for New York, “The Empire State”. It stood as the world's tallest building for more than 40 years, from when it was built in 1931, until construction of the World Trade Center's North Tower was completed in 1972. After the terrorist bombing and destruction of the World Trade Center in 2001, the Empire State Building again became the tallest building in New York City. Because of this we had to go trough several safety checks.
We went to the top, and believe me; it was scary to look down!




To night we will be watching the “David Letterman Show” as they record it directly. We have tickets in on the first row in the audience! Paris Hilton will be tonight’s guest on the show. Personally I don’t care much for Paris Hilton’s desperation and needs for attention. But who cares? It’s about being in the audience that will make the impression so unforgettable! I’m looking forward to see David himself, tho. He is such a funny man!

After that I plan to go and see Time Square. Maybe I will buy myself a souvenir with the flag of the United States on! You see, the flag consists of thirteen equal stripes in red and white.  In the left corner it is a blue rectangle, bearing fifty small, white,five-pointed stars. The fifty stars on the flag represent the 50 states, and the 13 stripes represent the original thirteen colonies that rebelled against the British monarchy and became the first states in the Union.

Well, it’s time to go and get ready for the David Letterman Show.

See you later, diary!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar