torsdag 28. oktober 2010

New York City - my diary part 1



Day 1

Dear diary...
Today I arrived the spectacular city New York! I had only seen it on TV-shows and films earlier; my expectations were and still are very high. This is where I will spend my whole next week.

As you may understand, dear diary, I am here to visit my Aunt! She moved from cold Norway, and in to New York City two years ago. This in hopes of achieving a successful career in the economical industry. Her name is Sarah, and when she picked me up at the JFK airport, I jumped into her arms, because I was so thrilled to see her.
- Hair, makeup and clothes were totally changed! She was very conservatively dressed, with a black pencil skirt and high heels. This is what New York do with people!

At the moment I am sitting in my hotel room, writing in you. You see, I have chosen to stay here, in Midtown East on Manhattan. I want to live in walking distance to Time Square, Broadway and Central Park. My aunt has a small apartment in the south of Brooklyn, but that’s not a problem; I can just take the underground subway whenever I would like to come see her.

It’s late now. Ten hours ago I was sitting on a plane with butterflies in my stomach, exited to arrive New York City. Aunt Sarah and me took a yellow taxi to the hotel after I had gotten my luggage. We arrived, and were practically attacked by all the extremely helpful piccolos! I thought to myself “well, if you want to carry my bags and open the door; be my guest!” This was actually quite fantastic! Or... it was fantastic until all the ten piccolos stood outside my door, reaching out their hands for money. I was kind of blown away, and I didn’t know what to do. You see; I had absolutely no small change to give them! This made the men really pissed, and I could feel them glare at me with small eyes, as I hurried through the lobby when I went out to get some “late night food”.

Being in New York is like being in a whole different world! I have only been here a few hours, but the feeling I get when I look outside the window on all the hundreds of sky scrapers surrounding me, make my heart beat faster and faster. I can’t wait to get out and experience all of New York’s magnificent fasciitis! I will do this mainly on Manhattan, but also in Brooklyn and in Queens.

New York is located in the north-eastern part of the United States. I have of course done some research! In books and on the Internet I have read that it’s the nations third most populous state, and that it borders by New Jersey and Pennsylvania to the south, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont to the east. The state also has a maritime boarder with Rhode Island east of Long Island. New York City is the most populous city in the United States, with a population of almost twenty million people!

Hopefully I will experience some great adventures while I stay in the city New York, and I am looking forward to see all the people and their culture! I have gotten the impression that “New York people” always are in a hurry, and that every one are interested in having a successful career. Is this true? Well... Guess I can find out more about that tomorrow. Now I have to get some sleep; I wouldn’t want to miss a second of important time in the city.

Good night, dear diary

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar